WeLaR will host its first webinar, “European Welfare States in Crisis? Labour markets in flux?” on 27 February from 2.00-3.15 pm.
This is the first of a series of events planned in our project, which seeks to understand the impact of digitalisation, globalisation, climate change and demographic shifts on labour markets and welfare states in Europe.
With this webinar we aim to introduce the project to researchers, policymakers, labour market actors, social partners and other stakeholders, and to discuss recent research results on welfare states and labour markets, with the participation of high-level discussants.
- Understanding the impact of digitalisation, globalisation, climate change and demographic shifts on labour markets and welfare states in Europe: a new Horizon Europe project, Karolien Lenaerts (HIVA Research Institute for Work and Society at KU Leuven)
- Policymaking in a state of permacrisis: can the EU uphold its social ambitions? Bart Vanhercke (European Social Observatory)
- Comment from Aída Ponce del Castillo (European Trade Union Institute) and open discussion
- Job quality gaps between migrant and native gig workers: evidence from Poland, Zuzanna Kowalik (Institute for Structural Research)
- Comment from Agnieszka Chłoń-Domińczak (Warsaw School of Economics) and open discussion
- Engaging with applied research on labour markets and welfare states, Ursula Holtgrewe & Barbara Glinsner (Centre for Social Innovation)