The WeLaR Project mid-term conference, The Effects of Digitalisation, Globalisation, Climate Change and Demographic Shifts on Labour Markets and Welfare States in the European Union will take place in Leuven, Belgium on 23-24 May 2024 and feature a keynote address from Professor Agnieszka Chłoń-Domińczak of the Warsaw School of Economics.
During the conference we will examine how the four titular megatrends drive structural changes in skills demand and supply, job quality, and working conditions. We will also discuss their social impacts, for instance on inequality and well-being.
Full papers or extended abstracts can be sent to Laurène Thil at: firstname.lastname@example.org until 1 March.
We welcome contributions addressing the implications of digitalisation, globalisation, climate change, and demographic shifts on various aspects, encompassing but not limited to:
- Heterogenous labour market and distributional impacts of these megatrends
- Work-related migration and skills
- Spatial convergence / divergence
- Inequalities and intersectionality
- Technology, skills and human capital
- EU economic governance, trade
- Social policy, social protection systems
Detailed information is in the Call for Papers here.
You can register here.