Work Package 4 focuses on identifying how labour demand megatrends affect employment, wages and income inequality. It will showcase the implications of several megatrends for welfare state coverage and the resulting challenges driven by the changing exposure to economic and social risks.
The megatrends that will be examined include:
- the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and the measures taken to mitigate it;
- the unprecedented increase in work from home;
- the “green transition” and the impact of new climate and energy policies in EU member states;
- migration and worker mobility, and their relationship to climate policies.
The work will lead to six research papers:
- Work from home, self-employment and tax competition in the EU after COVID-19;
- Labour demand megatrends and labour market exclusion risks;
- Offshoring, automation and the demand for typical and atypical jobs;
- The heterogeneous impact of COVID -19 on labour market outcomes in the EU;
- Labour market and inequality effects of energy and climate policy;
- Policy brief on labour demand.